The European Network of Councils for the Judiciary condemns the military invasion of the Russian Federation in Ukraine. We are deeply shocked by the violence and regret the loss of lives, the casualties and people having to seek refuge outside Ukraine. The ENCJ expresses its unwavering support and solidarity to Ukraine and its people.
The ENCJ calls upon the EU Member States and the EU Institutions to do all that is necessary to protect the lives of the people of Ukraine and to assist in restoring peace, freedom, democracy, respect for fundamental rights and the rule of law.
The ENCJ calls upon the Judicial Councils of Europe and other actors in the judicial system to contribute to the humanitarian efforts for all colleagues working for the judicial system of Ukraine.
Statements by ENCJ Members
- OBT Hungary - English / Hungarian
- TP Latvia - English / Latvian
- TT Lithuania English/Ukrainian/Lithuanian
- Sudna Rada Slovakia - English
- Sodni Svet Slovenia - English
- CGPJ Judicial Spain - English / Spanish