The High Judicial Council of Portugal has 17 members in its composition: the President of the Supreme Court, who chairs; two members appointed by the President of the Republic; seven members elected by the Parliament and seven judges elected by their peers.
On the 11 april 2019, the Portuguese judges have elected the new judges members (7), including the Vice-President of the CSM, for a 3-year term (2019-2022).
The seven new judges members are:
- Mr. José António de Sousa Lameira - Vice-President - Judge of the Supreme Court;
- Mr. Jorge Manuel Raposo - Judge of Court of Appeal of Lisbon;
- Mr. Leonel Gentil Serôdio - Judge of Court of Appeal of Oporto;
- Ms. Susana Ferrão da Costa Cabral - Judge of 1st instance Court - Lisbon;
- Mr. José Manuel Monteiro Correia - Judge of 1st instance Court - Oporto;
- Ms. Lara Martins - Judge of 1st instance court - Coimbra;
- Ms. Sofia Martins da Silva - Judge of 1st instance Court - Évora