“Mutual Confidence is in the heart of the development of the Europe of Justice”
The main conclusions in the report of the Mutual Confidence working group 2007-2008, coordinated by the President of the ENCJ, were in the area of the development of relations with the EU institutions especially the Justice forum.
The proposals of the Working Group included that the ENCJ should:
- Actively participate in the Justice Forum of the Euroepan Commission.
- Designate its president to represent it there on a permanent basis.
- Take the necessary initiatives to be part of the small permanent group which eventually could be created.
- Formulate concrete proposals in order to become a “motor” of this Forum.
- Propose to the Forum to approach the following themes:
- the problem of backlog in the judicial decisions
- the liability of judges
- the question of direct information of judge on the decisions of a judge from another country on similar cases
- the question of diversity in the judiciary (ethnic, gender, …)
- the self government for the judiciary.