Registration ENCJ Projects 2022-2023
The General Assembly in Athens adopted the ENCJ 2022-2023 work plan which includes the set-up of several projects.
1. Project on Independence, Accountability and Quality of the Judiciary
Coordinators : SJC AJ Greece and Rvdr Netherlands (assisted by TT Lithuania and ENCJ Office)
The project will continue the work on both parts:
1. Independence and Accountability
2. Quality of the Judiciary
The project team will meet on 29-30 September 2022 in Lisbon. There will be a possibility to join the meeting online.
- Programme of the Lisbon meeting
- List with recommended hotels and booking details (Lisbon hotels tend to be fully booked in September, book early!)
2. ENCJ Digital Justice Forum
Coordinators: Rvdr Netherlands and Sodni Svet Slovenia
The aim of the Forum is to provide a network for the exchange of information and advice for national experts dealing with digitization;
• Promote dialogue on challenges and opportunities – balancing efficiency and access to justice and independence;
• To monitor developments in the field of Artificial Intelligence and the challenges and opportunities it may provide for the judiciary;
• To exchange best practices and developments on national level;
• To provide a judicial perspective on e-Justice to the European Commission;
• To liaise with CEPEJ Cyberjustice working group, CCBE, Unit E-Justice DG JUST EC.
An in person meeting is foreseen in the Spring, two or three online meetings will be organised before the Spring. ENCJ MEmbers and Observers are kindly requested to register for the forum even if they participated in previous years.
3. Project on Internal Organisation
Coordinators: ENCJ President and President-elect
There will be no separate project group, meetings with ENCJ Members will be organised in the framework of meetings of the other ENCJ Projects.
4. Dialogue group on Attractiveness of the Judicial Career
Coordinators: HRJ/CSJ Belgium and TT Lithuania
Across Europe the judiciaries face trouble in attracting candidates to be appointed as judges. Issues that will be taken into account are the representativeness of the judiciary and how to ensure that the judiciary reflects the society it serves in all its diversity.
More details will follow in due course. Registration is open.
5. Project on a Code of Conduct for Councils
Coordinators: CSM Romania & Sudna Rada Slovakia
This project is a continuation of the work that started last year. The composition of the group was decided last year, no possibility to register at this stage.
Registration is closed, contact the ENCJ Office